The 14th Annual Mitzvah Day is on Weds., Dec. 25, 2019!
This annual event is a community outreach effort coordinated by the Jewish Federation of Durham-Chapel Hill in conjunction with local synagogues and Jewish organizations. With many people off work and school, it’s the chance to come together and do something meaningful.
Mitzvah Day kicks off with a community breakfast at the Levin JCC at 9:00am. After breakfast, volunteers depart for their various assignments around the community – cooking meals at local shelters, cleaning parks and trails, delivering gifts to those in need, making blankets for people experiencing homelessness, and more.
Volunteer registration opens Tues, Nov 12!
Sign up instructions:
- Pre-registration is required and some projects fill up quickly!
- Click the name of the project to be taken to a sign up
- Please be sure to select the number of slots for people in your family/group, and list their names and kids’ ages in the comment box.
- At the bottom of each sign up, you can also choose to:
- Make a tax-deductible donation. Most projects have supply costs which are made possible by your donations!
- Order a t-shirt ($8 for short sleeve and $13 for long sleeve).
- You do not need a Sign up Genius account or WePay account to register or to pay.
- Check out our FAQ or contact Madeline Seltman, Director of Engagement at email@example.com or 919-354-4938 for assistance.
Click to jump to:
- Families with kids age 6 and under: Mini Mitzvah Zone
- Teens: Cookie Decorating
- 20s-30s: Caring House
- Triangle Family Shule: Families Moving Forward
Click here to download our FAQs!