The Levin JCC is more than just a fitness center!
We offer activities for the whole family, and everyone is welcome!
- Two pools, an outdoor pool and zero-entry splash pool
- Largest outdoor waterslide in the region
- State-of-the-art fitness center
- Cadillac Pilates equipment
- Beautiful atrium with free wi-fi
- Delicious fresh homemade Jcafe baked goods
- Packed daily schedule of exercise classes
- Aerial dance, pick-up basketball, yoga, cycling, and more!
- Free childcare while you workout with membership
The mission of the Levin JCC is to enrich the Jewish community by playing an integral, meaningful role in the lives of individuals, families, groups and institutions through cultural, recreational, social and educational programs and activities. Together with the other agencies of the Jewish Federation of Durham-Chapel Hill, the Levin JCC addresses particular needs & requests in our community, to the benefit of all.
We’re committed to building green and living green. The Levin JCC is a LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certifiable building, designed to utilize local and recycled resources, reduce waste and conserve energy. We are committed to energy-saving, eco-friendly practices from top to bottom.
What green means for our JCC:
- The orientation of the building on the site and the inclusion of deep overhangs are intended to utilize solar gain in the winter months and reduce gain in the summer months.
- Daylighting is a significant feature of the building – virtually every habitable room is naturally lit. Window glazing materials have the highest shade coefficient and lowest heat transmittance of any on the market.
- The building utilizes an energy management system to attain better than 30% improvement over ASHRAE standards. The building systems management is designed to protect indoor air quality.
The purchase and installation of key interior elements of the Levin JCC was and will continue to be guided by a commitment to sustainability in energy and the environment.
As we plan for a green facility and green facility management, we are taking inspiration from local experts as well as national resources like COEJL and the Greening Guide produced by UJA-Federation of New York’s Network Greening Initiative.
To keep informed about our planning and progress, sign up for our mailing list below.
The Levin JCC is committed to the inclusion of people of all abilities, backgrounds, denominations, gender identity and religious affiliations into all of our programs. Based on the Jewish value of B’Tzelem Elohim –that all people are created in the image of God- we embrace pluralism and welcome the diversity of every member of our community. We are committed to making the Levin JCC a barrier-free environment. In the same way that the facility was designed to be inclusionary, with several family-style bathrooms, a zero entrance pool, and with all windows around the building spaced at different heights—we strive to make our programs equally inclusionary. The Levin JCC is a place where truly, everyone is welcome.
Special Needs Inclusion
Have a child with special needs who loves dance, sports, art? The JCC is partnering with the National Inclusion Project for inclusions of kids with special needs in our camps and other recreational programs. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-354-4948 for details.
BRIDGES is an initiative of the Durham-Chapel Hill Jewish Federation’s Jewish Community Center. Its mission is to provide social, recreational, educational, and cultural programs and activities for individuals with special needs and their families in a welcoming Jewish setting. Learn more about BRIDGES here.
The Charlotte & Dick Levin Jewish Community Center, along with Jewish Family Services and the Jewish Community Foundation, is a funded department of the Jewish Federation of Durham-Chapel Hill. The Federation serves to connect Jews in the local community, help those in need both here and abroad, and provide and support programs and services that enable current and future generations to lead more meaningful lives inspired by Jewish values
The Federation acts as the “central address” of the Jewish community, charged with representing the community to the larger community, welcoming new residents, keeping a central calendar of events of all local synagogues and Jewish organizations, and providing communications to all members of the community. The Federation’s offices are located in the Levin JCC. Learn more about the Federation’s service to our community at shalomdch.org.