Fostering Understanding – Archaeology, History, and
Politics in Israel, Jordan, and Palestine
October 27, 2019 – November 8, 2019
Estimated cost $5,600 per person based on double occupancy and includes airfare, hotels, breakfast, most dinners, transfers, gratuity, and tours via deluxe coach. $500 of fee is a tax deductible gift to the JCC. Estimated single supplement $1228.
TRIP IS FULL! If you would like to be added to the waiting list please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the wait list.
This trip is open to both JCC members and guests! Limit to 30 participants. Priority will be given to members whom give $1800 or more to Federation Annual Campaign. Activity level on trip is high; participants should be able to walk easily for several miles and on uneven terrain.
This trip will be led by Drs. Eric and Carol Meyers, renowned archaeologists and biblical scholars. Both have taught archaeology and biblical studies at Duke for decades. Additionally, they have traveled to Israel and these locations countless times – organizing tours and archaeological excavations that have yielded significant artifacts and information.
Contact Jill Madsen at email@example.com.
Sunday, October 27, 2019 (depart RDU)
Day One, Monday, October 28, 2019 (overnight Sea of Galilee)
- Arrive in Tel Aviv. Travel to Galilee.
Day Two, Tuesday, October 29, 2019 (overnight Sea of Galilee)
- Visit Capernaum, Magdala, Taghba, and Sepphoris National Park.
Day Three, Wednesday, October 30, 2019 (overnight Sea of Galiliee)
- Visit 1st century boat at Yigal Alon Museum, Katzrin Park, Golan Winery, Golan Archaeological Museum and Hamat Tiberias National Park.
Day Four, Thursday, October 31, 2019 (overnight Sea of Galilee)
- Visit Tel Dan, Banias, Nabratein.
Day Five, Friday, November 1, 2019 (overnight Amman)
- Visit Beit Shean National Park, cross to Jordan. Visit Jerash.
Day Six, Saturday, November 2, 2019 (overnight Petra)
- Amman City tour. Visit Amman Citadel (and Museum) and Jordan Museum.
Day Seven, Sunday, November 3, 2019 (overnight Dead Sea)
- Visit. Petra. Drive to Dead Sea.
Day Eight, Monday, November 4, 2019 (overnight Jerusalem)
- Cross back to Israel. Visit Masada, Inn of Good Samaritan.
Day Nine, Tuesday, November 5, 2019 (overnight Jerusalem)
- Visit Israel Museum, Western Wall plaza, and southern wall excavations.
Day Ten, Wednesday, November 6, 2019 (overnight Jerusalem)
- Visit Herodium National Park and Maresha.
Day Eleven, Thursday, November 7, 2019 (overnight Jerusalem)
- Visit Samaria and afternoon free.
Day Twelve, Friday, November 8, 2019
- Travel day.