Fostering Understanding – Archaeology, History, and
Politics in Israel, Jordan, and Palestine
October 15, 2017 – October 28, 2017
$4,500 per person based on double occupancy and includes airfare, hotels, half board, transfers, and tours via deluxe coach. $400 of fee is a tax deductible gift to the JCC. Single supplement $800.
This trip is open to both JCC members and guests! Limit to 30 participants.
This trip will be led by Drs. Eric and Carol Meyers, renowned archaeologists and biblical scholars. Both have taught archaeology and biblical studies at Duke for decades. Additionally, they have traveled to Israel and these locations countless times – organizing tours and archaeological excavations that have yielded significant artifacts and information.
Contact Jill Madsen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunday, October 15th (depart RDU)
Day One, Monday, October 16th (overnight Nof Ginosar)
- Arrive in Tel Aviv. Travel to Galilee.
Day Two, Tuesday, October 17th (overnight Nof Ginosar)
- Visit Capernaum, Magdala, Taghba, and Sepphoris National Park.
Day Three, Wednesday, October 18th (overnight Nof Ginosar)
- Visit 1st century boat at Yigal Alon Museum, Katzrin Park, Golan Winery, Golan Archaeological Museum and Hamat Tiberias National Park.
Day Four, Thursday, October 19th (overnight Nof Ginoasar)
- Visit Tel Dan, Banias, Nabratein
Day Five, Friday, October 20th (overnight Amman)
- Visit Beit Shean National Park, cross to Jordan. Visit Jerash.
Day Six, Saturday, October 21st (overnight Petra)
- Amman City tour. Visit Amman Citadel (and Museum) and Jordan Museum.
Day Seven, Sunday, October 22nd (overnight Dead Sea)
- Visit Petra. Drive to Dead Sea.
Day Eight, Monday, October 23rd (overnight Jerusalem)
- Cross back to Israel. Visit Masada, Inn of Good Samaritan.
Day Nine, Tuesday, October 24th (overnight Jerusalem)
- Visit Israel Museum, Western Wall plaza, and southern wall excavations.
Day Ten, Wednesday, October 25th (overnight Jerusalem)
- Visit Herodium National Park and Maresha.
Day Eleven, Thursday, October 26th (overnight Jerusalem)
- Visit Samaria and Taibeh brewery.
Day Twelve Friday, October 27th
- Visit Rockefeller Museum and Jerusalem alternative tour. Depart Israel.