Save the Dates!
- Swim Team Registration Opens: Wednesday, January 22nd, at 9am for members; Wednesday, February 5th, at 9am for guests
- Parent Info Session: Sunday, April 5th, 3-5pm
- Swim Test Days: Thursday, May 7th, 4-6pm and Friday, May 8th, 4-6pm
- 2020 Water Dragons Season begins: Monday, May 11th
- Awards Banquet: Tuesday, July 14th, 6-9pm
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHO CAN JOIN?
All JCC members and guests are welcome to join the Water Dragons Swim Team. If your child is having fun and improving in the water, consider signing them up!
HOW OLD ARE WATER DRAGONS?
Swimmers ages 4-18 can swim with the team.
HOW MUCH DOES THE SEASON COST?
$185 for members
$210 for guests
Registration fee includes a team t-shirt and a swim cap.
Please note that Water Dragons swimsuits is an additional cost. Water Dragons swimsuits are required for competition swimmers and optional for non-competition swimmers.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT SWIM TEAM LEVELS?
- Junior Dragons: Junior Dragons are mostly aged 8 and under. These swimmers can swim 25 yards (or less) with flippers or a coach’s assistance, but cannot swim 50 yards unassisted.
- Aleph: Aleph swimmers are mostly aged 10 and under. These swimmers can swim at least 50 yards with flippers.
- Bet: These confident swimmers can swim numerous lengths of the pool without flippers and can demonstrate at least two strokes properly.
- Gimel: These experienced swimmers can swim at least three strokes and are ready for intense practices.
DO YOU HAVE A NON-COMPETITION OPTION?
Yes! Swimmers in all four swim team levels are welcome to join the team and attend practices without competing in the meets against other league teams. This is a great option for those swimmers who want to have fun, spend time with friends, and get better at swimming without the pressure of swim meets.
WHEN ARE PRACTICES?
Swimmers choose only one practice session. Campers must attend the early practice time. Swimmers are welcome to swim up to three times per week.
2020 Water Dragons Swim Team Practice Schedule
|May 11-June 12||4:15-4:45pm||4:45-5:15pm||5:15-6pm||5:15-6pm|
|June 15-July 3||7:30-8am OR 8-8:30am||7:30-8am OR 8-8:30am||6:45-7:30am OR 8:30-9:15am||6:45-7:30am OR 8:30-9:15am|
DOES SWIM TEAM COORDINATE WITH CAMP SHELANU?
Yes! Swimmers who are also attending Camp Shelanu are able to have coordinated camp drop-off where staff walk swimmers to camp at the end of practice.