School’s Out Camp: Grades K-5
Preschool School’s Out Camp: Age 3-5 (must be potty-trained)
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com or 919-354-4948
Registration, Hours, and Costs
School’s out, J’s in! Come on over for exciting days of fun and friends at our School’s Out camps! Activities may include sports, games, crafts, cooking, playground time, aerial silks, nature, and more. Preschoolers have a rest/nap time after lunch. (Preschool camp on selected dates. Must be potty trained.)
You will fill out a health form as part of registration. $20 per day deposit is due at time of registration, and balance will be charged the day of the camp. Please contact us about payment plans.
Waitlists: You will not be charged to be placed on a waitlist, and we can often add more spaces as staffing allows. We will contact you if space becomes available!
Camp: 8:30am – 3:30 pm
Cost: Member $48/day; Guest $60/day
Extended Care: 8:00-8:30am and 3:30-5:30pm
Cost: Member $12/day; Guest $15/day
School’s Out Camp Dates
2021-2022 Dates – Coming soon!
- DPS – Durham Public Schools – Traditional Schedule
- DPS-YR – Durham Public Schools – Year Round
- CHCCS – Chapel Hill Carrboro City Schools
- L – Lerner School
Snow Day Camps
When schools are closed for inclement weather, but the roads are safe and the JCC is open, we may open a Snow Day Camp. Hours will depend on when the building can open safely, and cost depends on hours. Please be aware that there is no guarantee we will be able to offer camp every time schools are closed.
As soon as we know we are offering a camp (evening before or morning of) we will send an email to the JCC email list and post on our Facebook page with a link to registration. Space fills very quickly!
Unfortunately, due to staffing constraints, space is very limited for inclusion support at School’s Out Camp. If your camper has an IEP, behavior plan, or otherwise needs inclusion support, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about capacity before registering. Click here for general information on our Inclusion Program.
What to bring/wear
- Lunch and two snacks following our kashrut guidelines (found in the Family Handbook)–anyone staying for aftercare will want to bring an additional snack.
- Water bottle
- Closed-toed shoes
- Layers for outdoor time
- Preschoolers: change of clothes (required!) and nap items (optional)
- You will receive an email the week before a camp with any other important information.
Waitlist and cancellation policies
- If camp is full, you may be placed on a waitlist at no charge. We will contact you to let you know if a space is available, and you will have a window of time in which to register before we move to the next person on the waitlist. You do not need to contact us to check if a space has opened.
- Advanced notice of at least five business days required for refunds. Unfortunately, we are not able to offer refunds for missed days due to illness.
- Click here for our Family Handbook and Behavior Agreement for full policies and procedures.