Whether you grew up at the JCC or not, the J is an awesome place for teens. From physical fitness to enrichment classes to job opportunities, there is something for all interests.
Looking for Sports and Athletics?
- Pick-up basketball every Sunday
- Aerial Dance
- Jujitsu (Regular and Advanced)
- Small Group Teen Fitness Training
If you are interested in taking a Group Exercise Class or working out in the Fitness Center:
- 13-15 year olds must participate in an orientation with a trainer (some exceptions are made for 12 year olds, same rules apply)
- If the trainer approves the minor (approves: maturity, understanding of equipment and fits on the equipment that the minor wants to use), then the minor can use the facility (or take a class), but must have an adult with them at all times
- 16+ year olds can use the Fitness Center and take a Group Exercise Class without orientation or an adult present
Looking to Learn?
Check out Community Midrasha! The Community Midrasha teachers and 8th-12th grade teens are creative go-getters, perpetual learners, powerful allies, and totally Jew-is, in all senses of the word. This program strives to engage teens in Jewish culture, history, religion, inspiring them to foster their lifelong commitments to learning Jewishly. But this definitely isn’t your Bubbe’s Hebrew School!
Every body is welcome here, regardless of synagogue affiliation or prior religious education. All who want to live and learn Jewishly are welcome under the Community Midrasha tent.
To learn more or to register, please go here. Enrollment open now!
Looking for skills to get a job?
Staff positions with Camp Shelanu, Snack Bar, and Aquatics: Rising 11th grades and up can check out and apply for available positions during the summer.