The Levin Jewish Community Center is open to the entire community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, origin, age, veteran status, disability, family structure, or sexual orientation. We are committed to providing an environment where all are welcome.
Membership Terms and Payment Information
- All memberships, except Summer Membership, are month-to-month memberships, beginning on the date of enrollment. Membership dues are deducted on the 15th of each month for that calendar month.
- Payment may be made annually by check or credit card. Payment may also be made monthly with bank drafts or credit card debits.
- A one-time initiation fee will be paid with membership application.
- We are not able to send monthly bills for membership dues, nor do we accept monthly checks.
- Memberships are non-transferable, and refunds are not issued for non-usage of the facilities.
- Memberships may be cancelled in cases of conduct which are determined to be contrary to the interest or purpose of the JCC.
- Membership dues are subject to change at any time.
- Free Childcare while at the JCC is only available to members who have purchased a Family or Adult+ Dependent Membership.
- A Family Membership includes the parents and children from one nuclear family. All Family members on a family membership must live in the same household. Children who are still completely financially dependent on their parents can be included in the family membership if they are under the age of 26 and live in the family household or are attending college. The children listed on a family membership must be the children of the parents listed on the family membership.
For convenience, memberships will be renewed automatically each year.
Membership Cancellation Policy
We have no annual obligation for membership, however written cancellation is required with a 30 day notice. Please be advised that we do not prorate monthly membership dues for cancellations.
Membership Extended Absence
If a member needs to go on an extended absence from the JCC but does not wish to cancel their membership, their memberships can be put on hold for a minimum of 1 month and a maximum of 4 months. Please arrange a meeting in advance with the Membership Sales Manager, 30 days in advance if possible. All membership hold requests are reviewed and approved or denied by the Membership Sales Manager.
Program Registration Fees
All registration fees for programs, classes, camp, and events must be paid in full prior to or at attendance.
Membership Key Tags
- Key tags (with bar coded membership information) are issued to all members. Please present your key tag when entering the JCC facilities, registering for programs, or purchasing guest passes. For nonmember program participants, registration receipts must be presented in order to gain access to JCC facilities. Key tags and registration receipts will be checked by our Welcome Center staff.
- Should you forget your key tag, you will be asked to show another photo ID to enter the facility.
Locker Room Guidelines
- Please lock all personal belongings. Lockers with removable keys are provided for daytime use. Do not leave items in the lockers overnight. The Levin JCC will not be liable for the loss of personal effects and valuables of our members and guests.
- Lock boxes are available in the Fitness Center for valuables.
- Food and drink are prohibited in locker rooms.
- Children over the age of 5 are not allowed into opposite sex locker rooms. A family changing room is available inside and large restrooms are available on the pool deck.
Fitness Center Age Requirement
- Youth 16 and over are welcome to use the fitness facility.
- Youth 13-15 years of age must successfully complete a youth fitness center orientation offered by the JCC Fitness Staff, and are allowed to use the facilities during designated times under parental supervision.
Group Exercise Participation Age Requirement
- Youth 16 and over are welcome to participate in group exercise classes.
- Youth 13-15 are able to participate in select classes; if a class utilizes weights as a part of the routine, youth must first complete a complimentary training orientation on proper and safe lifting techniques. Youth must be accompany by parent during this participation.
- Neither infants nor toddlers are allowed in any group exercise class while class is in session.
Unaccompanied Youth Policy
Member children ages 13 and older are permitted to be unaccompanied in the JCC facilities (including the pool area) without parental or adult supervision. Member children ages 10-12 do not need to be accompanied in the JCC facilities (with the exception of the Fitness Center) as long as a responsible parent/guardian is on the JCC premises. Each child must display his/her membership card at all times.
Unaccompanied youth are expected to display appropriate behavior: consideration of others, respect for the facility, and utilization of appropriate language at all times. If a child, 10 years of age or older, is not behaving in a respectful manner (as deemed by the JCC staff), a JCC staff member will contact his/her parent or guardian, asking them to promptly collect their child. Some examples of unacceptable behaviors include: destruction of property, excessive running through the halls, failure to follow JCC staff directives, rowdiness, and use of foul language. If a child is sent home, JCC privileges may be suspended until a meeting is convened with the parent or guardian.
The JCC is accessible to individuals with mobility impairments or other disabilities. Accessible features include designated parking spaces, wheelchair access to all facilities including pools, elevator, and accessible restrooms, locker rooms, telephones and drinking fountains. A pool access wheel chair is available.
If you travel outside of Durham-Chapel Hill, most of the JCCs across North America will honor your JCC membership for two weeks. We extend the same courtesy to out-of-town guests when they present a valid JCC membership card. Don’t forget to carry your membership key tag with you when visiting other cities.
JCC Guest Philosophy: The JCC welcomes member’s guests to the facility. We recognize that sharing the JCC experience with occasional guests and friends is important to our membership. Our goal is to balance this need while encouraging repeat visitors to join.
Prospective Members: After taking a tour of the JCC, prospective members will receive a one-time complimentary Day Pass to try out the facilities.
Guests of Members: Each year-round membership unit receives 5 FREE guest passes a year and each summer membership unit receives 1 FREE guest pass a year. Guests need to be accompanied by the member when using the facility. If you have used all your guest passes additional passes can be purchased for $10/adult (16 years and older), $5/child age 3-15, and free for children 2 and under.
Out-of-town Guests of Members: There is no limit to the number of visits/year, but we ask the members limit the number of guests per visit to 6. Out-of-town is defined as outside of Durham or Orange counties.
Non-Member Day Passes: Non-members are allowed to come and use the facilities without accompanying a member. These passes can be purchased for $15/adult (16 years and older), $5/child age 3-15, and free for children 2 and under.
Drop in Classes: Non-members may participate in the following classes without being the guest of a member: NIA, Tabata, Zumba, Yoga and pick-up basketball. Drop in rates and punch cards are available at the Welcome Desk.
Returned Checks/Credit Card Denials
A $25 fee will be charged on returned checks, insufficient funds and credit card denials. Continued unsuccessful debits will result in cancellation of JCC membership.
- Please park in designated areas only. Do not park along the entry drive or any other driveways.
- Accessible spaces are available. Cars without authorized identification may be ticketed. Please respect our members and guests who must use these reserved spaces.
- The JCC employs security personnel on occasion for your safety.
- Report any suspicious behavior to JCC Staff.
- Please obey all parking and speed limit policies.
- Weapons are prohibited.
An individual bringing in food to the Jewish Community Center for his/her own consumption is encouraged to abide by these Kosher Guidelines: please do not bring onto the JCC grounds food containing pork, shellfish, or foods that contain both dairy and meat products together.
When entering the JCC building from the pool deck or other areas, please be sure to wear clothes and shoes. Also, please do not enter the building while wet, as water tracks on the floors may be hazardous.
Levin JCC reserves the right to revoke any membership in event of inappropriate behavior, failure to follow safety rules and/or disruptive behavior to members or staff. Membership is a privilege, which may be revoked with or without cause at any time by the Levin Jewish Community Center’s Membership Sales Manager or the CEO.
Program Refund Policy
Full payment must be received in order to reserve a space in any program. Requests for full refund must be received via email at least two business days prior to the individual class or the first class of the session. Written requests received via email at least one business day prior to the second class of the session will be eligible for a 75% refund. Refund requests made after this point will not be accepted, and no refund will be granted. There will be a 10% processing fee for all refunds issued. Refunds may take 5 –14 business days to be processed. The Levin JCC is not responsible for providing makeup classes or issuing refunds for programs missed as a result of illness, travel, emergencies or other events beyond the control of the Levin JCC. All classes are subject to minimum enrollment. The Levin JCC reserves the right to cancel classes by refunding all fees where the minimum enrollment is not met. The Levin JCC reserves the right to close facilities for maintenance, change rooms for best utilization or substitute teachers when necessary. Programs such as Aquatics, Camp, events, trips and tours may be subject to their own cancellation and refund policies, which supersede those policies stated above.
I/we also understand that photos may be taken of me or my family members that may be used in promotional materials, on the Levin JCC website, or on Levin JCC’s social networking pages.
- What personally-identifiable information of yours is collected through the site
- Who collects such information
- How such information is used
- With whom your information may be shared
- What choices you have regarding collection, use, and distribution of your information
- What kind of security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of information under our control
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in your information
What Information We Collect and How We Use That Information
Our registration forms require users to give us contact information that may include name, e-mail address, format preference (HTML vs. text), address, interests, and similar information.
As an integrated Federation, the Levin JCC shares member information with the Jewish Federation of Durham Chapel Hill and its umbrella divisions. The Levin JCC does not and will not sell, trade, or share a donor’s/participant’s personal information with any other agency, partner or entity.
Internet Protocol Address
We collect an IP address from all visitors to our site. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. We use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our site, analyze trends, track users’ movements, gather broad demographic information for aggregate use in order for us to improve the site, and deliver customized, personalized content. IP addresses are not linked to personally-identifiable information.
We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information we collect online. All information provided to the Levin JCC is transmitted using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption. SSL is a proven coding system that lets your browser automatically encrypt, or scramble, data before you send it to us. We also protect account information by placing it on a secure portion of our site that is accessible only by certain qualified employees of the Levin JCC. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. While we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of such information.
Our site contains links to other websites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you may enter another website for which the Levin JCC has no responsibility. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on all such sites as their policies may be different than ours.
The Levin JCC does not and will not sell, trade, or share a donor’s personal information with any other agency or entity.