The Levin Jewish Community Center is open to the entire community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, origin, age, veteran status, disability, family structure, or sexual orientation. We are committed to providing an environment where all are welcome.
- All memberships, except for Summer Membership, are valid for 12-months beginning on the date of enrollment.
- Payment may be made 12 months in advance by check or credit card. Payment may also be made monthly with bank or credit card debits.
- A one-time initiation fee will be paid with membership application.
- We are not able to send monthly bills for membership dues, nor do we accept monthly checks.
- Memberships are non-transferable, and refunds are not issued for non-usage of the facilities.
- Memberships may be cancelled or suspended in cases of conduct which are determined to be contrary to the interest or purpose of the JCC.
- Membership dues are subject to change at any time. However, with your 12-month membership agreement, your dues are locked in for the membership year. New rates will be communicated to members with their renewal notice (see Membership Renewals)
For convenience, memberships will be renewed automatically each year unless members choose not to renew. Members who pay annually will receive a written reminder of renewal 30 days in advance of the renewal date.
Membership Cancellation Policy
A member can cancel his/her membership before the end of the 12-month term with 30 days written notice.
Membership Extended Absence
If a member needs to go on an extended absence from the JCC during the membership 12-month term, their memberships can be put on hold for up to 4 months. Please arrange a meeting in advance with the Membership Director, 30 days in advance if possible, and discuss if the reasons for the absence are geographical, economical, medical or other.
Program Registration Fees
All registration fees for programs, classes, camp, and events must be paid in full prior to or at attendance.
Membership Key Tags
- Key tags (with bar coded membership information) are issued to all members. Please present your key tag when entering the JCC facilities, registering for programs, or purchasing guest passes. For nonmember program participants, registration receipts must be presented in order to gain access to JCC facilities. Key tags and registration receipts will be checked by our Welcome Center staff.
- Should you forget your key tag, you will be asked to show another photo ID to enter the facility.
- All members receive membership key tags at no charge. Please notify the Membership department or Welcome Center staff as soon as possible if your key tag is lost or stolen. There is a $5 replacement fee to reissue a membership Key tag.
Locker Room Guidelines
- Please lock all personal belongings. Lockers with removable keys are provided for daytime use. Do not leave items in the lockers overnight. The Levin JCC will not be liable for the loss of personal effects and valuables of our members and guests.
- Lock boxes are available in the Fitness Center for valuables.
- Food and drink are prohibited in locker rooms.
- Children over the age of 3 are not allowed into opposite sex locker rooms. A family changing room is available inside and large restrooms are available on the pool deck.
Fitness Center Age Requirement
Youth 16 and over are allowed to use the fitness facility.
Youth 13-15 years of age must successfully complete a youth fitness center orientation offered by the JCC Fitness Staff, and are allowed to use the facilities during designated times under parental supervision.
Unaccompanied Youth Policy
Member children ages 13 and older are permitted to be unaccompanied in the JCC facilities (including the pool area) without parental or adult supervision. Member children ages 10-12 do not need to be accompanied in the JCC facilities (with the exception of the Fitness Center) as long as a responsible parent/guardian is on the JCC premises. Each child must display his/her membership card at all times.
Unaccompanied youth are expected to display appropriate behavior: consideration of others, respect for the facility, and utilization of appropriate language at all times. If a child, 10 years of age or older, is not behaving in a respectful manner (as deemed by the JCC staff), a JCC staff member will contact his/her parent or guardian, asking them to promptly collect their child. Some examples of unacceptable behaviors include: destruction of property, excessive running through the halls, failure to follow JCC staff directives, rowdiness, and use of foul language. If a child is sent home, JCC privileges may be suspended until a meeting is convened with the parent or guardian.
The JCC is accessible to individuals with mobility impairments or other disabilities. Accessible features include designated parking spaces, wheelchair access to all facilities including pools, elevator, and accessible restrooms, locker rooms, telephones and drinking fountains. A pool access wheel chair is available.
If you travel outside of Durham-Chapel Hill, most of the JCCs across North America will honor your JCC membership for two weeks. We extend the same courtesy to out-of-town guests when they present a valid JCC membership card. Don’t forget to carry your membership key tag with you when visiting other cities.
JCC Guest Philosophy: The JCC welcomes member’s guests to the facility. We recognize that sharing the JCC experience with occasional guests and friends is important to our membership. Our goal is to balance this need while encouraging repeat visitors to join.
Prospective members: After taking a tour of the JCC, prospective members will receive a one-time complimentary Day Pass to try out the facilities.
All other guests: All guests need to be accompanied by a member when using the facility. Each year-round membership unit receives 3 FREE guest passes a year and each summer membership unit receives 1 FREE guest pass a year, after which they can purchase additional guest passes for $10/adult and $5/child age 12 and under. The following limits apply:
Out-of-town guests: There is no limit to the number of visits/year, but we ask the members limit the number of guests per visit to 6. Out-of-town is defined as outside of Durham or Orange counties.
In-town guests: Children age 12 and under may visit up to 12 times/year. Adults may visit up to 3 times/year. Members are limited to bringing 6 guests/visit. Please call the Membership Director if your number of guests exceeds this policy.
Drop In Classes:
Non-members may participate in the following classes without being the guest of a member: NIA, Tabata, Zumba, Yoga and pick-up basketball. Drop in rates and punch cards are available at the Welcome Desk.
Returned Checks/Credit Card Denials
A $25 fee will be charged on returned checks, insufficient funds and credit card denials. Continued unsuccessful debits will result in cancellation of JCC membership.
Please park in designated areas only. Do not park along the entry drive or any other driveways.
Handicap spaces are available. Cars without authorized handicap identification may be ticketed. Please respect our members and guests who must use these reserved spaces.
The JCC employs security personnel for your safety. Please obey all parking and speed limit policies. Report any suspicious behavior to JCC Staff.
The 15 mph speed limit on campus is strictly enforced! Rollerblading and skate-boarding are not allowed on the JCC campus.
An individual bringing in food to the Jewish Community Center for his/her own consumption is encouraged to abide by these Kosher Guidelines: please do not bring onto the JCC grounds food containing pork, shellfish, or foods that contain both dairy and meat products together.
When entering the JCC building from the pool deck or other areas, please be sure to wear clothes and shoes. Also, please do not enter the building while wet, as water tracks on the floors may be hazardous.
Levin JCC reserves the right to revoke any membership in event of inappropriate behavior, failure to follow safety rules and/or disruptive behavior to members or staff. Membership is a privilege, which may be revoked with or without cause at any time by the Levin Jewish Community Center’s membership director or the JCC director.
Program Refund Policy
Full payment must be received in order to reserve a space in any program. Requests for full refund must be received via email at least two business days prior to the individual class or the first class of the session. Written requests received via email at least one business day prior to the second class of the session will be eligible for a 75% refund. Refund requests made after this point will not be accepted, and no refund will be granted. There will be a 10% processing fee for all refunds issued. Refunds may take 5 –14 business days to be processed. The Levin JCC is not responsible for providing makeup classes or issuing refunds for programs missed as a result of illness, travel, emergencies or other events beyond the control of the Levin JCC. All classes are subject to minimum enrollment. The Levin JCC reserves the right to cancel classes by refunding all fees where the minimum enrollment is not met. The Levin JCC reserves the right to close facilities for maintenance, change rooms for best utilization or substitute teachers when necessary. Programs such as Aquatics, Camp, events, trips and tours may be subject to their own cancellation and refund policies, which supersede those policies stated above.
Photographs: I/we also understand that photos may be taken of me or my family members that may be used in promotional materials, on the Levin JCC website, or on Levin JCC’s social networking pages.