Group Swim Lessons
Group swim lesson levels correspond with the wristbands that children wear at our pool. Example: If your child can swim enough to earn a yellow band, that is the class they should be in! Not sure which class your child fits in? Please contact Katie Alexander, Aquatics Manager, at email@example.com or by calling 919-354-4939.
Registration for swim lessons now OPEN! Please go to levinjcc.org/register/ to get started.
Parent/Child: This class is for parents and their children together and includes four 30-minute group lessons. A structured lesson lasts for 20-25 minutes, followed by 10 minutes of supervised play. These lessons include water safety and getting comfortable in the water through songs and games to introduce swimming in a fun way. The adult must be in the water with the child at all times. All children must wear swim diapers. Children must have complete head control to take this class.
Red Band: A series of red band group lessons includes four 30-minute sessions. This class is for kids (3 and up) who cannot swim and/or put their face in the water. Participants must be potty trained. Focus is on safety and getting students comfortable in water.
Yellow Band: A series of yellow band group lessons includes four 30-minute sessions. This class is for advanced beginners who are more comfortable in the water. Students should be able to swim unassisted for a distance of 3 feet (e.g. from wall to a parent) on their front or back. Focus is on floating, kicking and proper arm strokes for front and back crawls.
Green Band: A series of green band group lessons includes four 30-minute sessions. This class is for intermediate swimmers who can swim the length of the pool unassisted and tread water for 30 seconds. The focus of this class will be on technique.
Dates and times: Mon-Thurs or four consecutive Saturdays or Sundays. Click each level above for schedules.
Cost: Kids’ Group $40/members, $55/guests for four 30-minute sessions; Parent-Child: $35/members, $50/guests for four 30-minute sessions
Registration open now! For more information contact Katie Alexander, Aquatics Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 919-354-4939.
Private Swim Lessons
Work on swim skills in a personalized setting. Great for young kids getting used to the water, adults learning to swim, or anyone who wants a little more individualized attention.
Dates and times: Scheduled individually based on pool and instructor availability.
Cost: $35 per 30-minute lesson for guests, $30 for JCC members
Registration opens now! Please fill out this form. We will contact you in May to schedule your lessons. For more information contact Katie Alexander, Aquatics Manager, at email@example.com or by calling 919-354-4939.
Swim Lessons Policies:
Parents and guardians of swim lesson students: Please read and adhere to the Swim Lessons Policies below in addition to the Levin JCC Pool Policies and Procedures.
- All programs are subject to change or cancel due to insufficient enrollment.
- In the event of inclement weather or pool closure, lessons may be postponed as the situation dictates. Lessons postponed for these reasons may be rescheduled for Fridays, at the same time of day. If the student is unavailable at the designated make-up lesson date and time, the student’s make-up lesson will be forfeited and another will not be offered.
- Due to pool space and instructor availability, we will be unable to provide makeup lessons for individual participants who are absent.
- Parents must remain on Levin JCC premises at all times unless the student is in our transfer program from Camp Shelanu. Parents are to wait on the pool deck and stay clear of the pool edge at all times to avoid distracting the children during their lesson. Children may not be left unattended before or after their swim lessons.
- Make-up classes cannot be offered in the event of the student’s illness or any other personal reason.
- Children symptomatic with communicable illnesses are not allowed in the pool as a safety precaution for other swimmers. All swimmers must be asymptomatic without fever-reducing medication for at least 24 hours prior to entering the pool again.
- Students may not enter the pool until the class is scheduled to begin for their safety and the safety and courtesy of other students in their respective lessons.
- Children must be fully potty trained to participate with the exception of Parent & Child classes.